Welcome to The Point of Impact

We are Paul and Kim Dyar and we are called to Missions in Honduras. Our mission is to connect ministry passion with real ministry need. The need is never ending, however laborers are few. We are working as the assistant to the national overseer of the Church of God, which embodies 1130 churches, 10 clinics, 1 orphanage, numerous feeding programs and has the largest social ministry of any denomination in Honduras. The social ministry includes the Deaf Comunity Center and caring for pastors and their children.

Kim and I have dedicated our time to making sure that ministry is accountable and connected. As the Projects Coordinator for Honduras, churches can know when they send funds through the World Missions and National office of Honduras that it makes the full impact and progress that is anticipated.

We are also engaged in consistent dialogue with the national overseer for better ways of leadership training and connectivity with local missionaries for greater effectiveness.

We have been in ministry, as a team, for 13 years and the last 5 years we have been pastoring The Haven in Maryville, Tennessee, which has been a tremendous joy. The Lord has given us 4 beautiful children who are becoming our ministry team. They are very eager to learn and they love to help others.

Our goal is to bring others to the point of impact. The Point of Impact is where Christ enters the heart of mankind and Jesus becomes the difference maker. We are only branches connected to the True Vine, Jesus. As we advance the Kingdom, we expect God to move in miraculous ways.


Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Dynamite comes in small packages

A few weeks ago, I picked up the phone and the caller ID read Beltline Christian Center. In my mind, I was thinking who is this, since it was not an area code I could recollect. However, on the line was Pastor Dennis Laughlin, the pastor of Beltline Christian Center. We had met once before through a common friend when I was at Hopewell COG. He pastored in Maryville for a time during my tenure at The Haven. It is a small world! Pastor Laughlin and I talked on the phone for about 45 minutes and the next day, he called me back to invite us in for a missions service.

God gave us a divine appointment with this wonderful pastor, his wife Jamie and their beautiful blonde haired daughter.

Folks, these people have some talented musicians. They had an awesome worship service and then there was a great freedom to preach God's Word.

After I preached, I shared for a few minutes about the missions endeavor. Pastor Laughlin then got up and gave the church a challenge that blew me away. At first I wanted to question him about it, then the Lord checked me in my Spirit and said, "did I not say I will supply your need?"

I really didn't know how to respond. I wasn't sure if I should shout, dance, run, fall over or what, but then, the song came to me "Little is much when God is in it."

Dennis, I know you have come in on hard circumstances and that the numbers are not where you want them to be but, I want you to know when God is in it you can conquer the greatest task. Gideon was small in number and even laid a few fleeces out there to question God, but God gave him the victory.

Beltline Christian Center, be obedient to the voice of God and you will be letting out your tent stakes and adding chairs to the room before long. We are looking forward to the groups and the ministries that you will be bringing to Honduras in the near future.

Thanks for your Hospitality, the AWESOME food (I thought I was in the south), the prayers and the support.

Your servant in Honduras

No comments: